Monday, August 07, 2017

All About Ellie....

~ Welcome Back Friends ~
I hope you all realize, I wasn't being narcissistic not showing Ellie's entries...it was an honest mistake, I share her work on Facebook and Instagram and sometimes I don't know if I shared here or not (and I'm too lazy to look - no lazy isn't the word...too harried, too busy, not enough me time) and another thing I always worry about is: over sharing since I've been called on that many times.

Here is Ellie's 2017 4H Fair Entries:
any parent that has had children involved in 4H knows how busy, how much work goes into creating these projects. LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of time....
2017 Fair Entries


Here are her entries up close:
Colored Pencil
(this is a character of a book series she read - and how she saw her in her mind while reading)
colored pencil water


Watercolor
Title: The Traveler
The Traveler water


Pencil
Title: Contemplation
Ellie_Pencil Fair entry_2017

Copic Alcohol Marker
Title: Excalibur
Ellie_Marker Fair entry_2017

India Ink
Title: Love is the Answer
Ellie_Fair Entry_Ink 2017

Yes, she created the Electric III project herself - build an extension cord using all new parts...

Untitled

Tuning in her Foods III entry Chocolate Zucchini Cake 
Untitled

Here she is riding the Fair Chicken
Untitled


RESULTS:
Electric III - First Place
Untitled


Creative Writing: 
The Veteran - First Place
Untitled

Here is "The Veteran" a poem written by Ellie Eileen Pfeiffer

Once born…
We walk the road of life, holding onto our parent’s hands.
Eventually we let go…
To find new faces, new loves, stability on our own limbs.
Then it comes…
Out of the bursting color of life, our new world turns gray.
A letter…
That dreaded entity that calls us to the next destiny.
 Sinking…
The precipice of doubt and doom is knocking at the door.
Fighting…
That fork in the road, that endless battle.
An ideal…
Ancestors believed and defended unto death.
Planted…
In the heart of those that defend the colors.
Respect…
Those colors bring light anew, an ideal, a way of life.
The flag…
The field of blue with scattered stars, the stripes of white and steaks of crimson.
Won…
By the blood, shed of martyrs.
Stands firm…
Because of those who fought to defend land, heritage, rights.
Home…
Safely secure in the land of the free and of the brave.
Bended knee…
Pray for those who defend our country.
Veterans…
Men and women, filled with courage and strength.
Honor and valor…
Forever in our hearts, shall we be thankful to you.
One Nation, under God…
Liberty and justice poured out for all.

I'm certain that the judge thought she didn't write it (The judge, who seemed very cranky turn in night...and NOT wanting to be there at all...and appeared was judging Scrapbooking and Creative Writing (?) I was watching her as we had to stand in line for Fine Arts entry and it almost made me want to cry as she hurriedly flipped through scrapbooks and then writing down the ribbon without really looking (like I said just hurriedly flipping through pages) all the work that goes into some of these entries....you'd think 5 minutes versus 2 seconds would be adequate)  However, she did write it and won the Veteran's Day writing contest at her school last fall (4H parents...watch those folders coming home, writing assignments from school VERY easy to have an entry into the fair!) Ellie has a HUGE vocabulary. She speaks like she is 30 years old. She reads constantly, thus her vocabulary. A First place Blue Ribbon is great...but after reading the titles and seeing what won Champion/Grand Champion...I question. That's all...but one thing I've learned over the years of being judged...It's ALL SUBJECTIVE and a large portion dependent on what the judge LIKES and what appeals to THEM.


Watercolor - Reserve Champion
Untitled


Alcohol Marker: Reserve Champion
Untitled

India Ink: Honor
Untitled

Pencil - Honor
Untitled

Color Pencil- First Place
Untitled

Achievement Record Book - GRAND CHAMPION
(she stays in 4H until graduating from HS...this book is turned into National 4H for Scholarships!!! That's why we are doing it - that book contains everything about her 4H career from projects she's done each year and their results, to leadership opportunities, club information, etc)
Untitled


Foods III - Chocolate Zucchini Cake - Honor Untitled
RECIPE contains NO Fats (that was the challenge this year):
1 cup applesauce
1 3/4 cups sugar

2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups grated zucchini
2 1/2 cups flour
4 tablespoons Hershey's cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS
Blend applesauce and sugar.
Add eggs, milk, vanilla, and beat well.
Add sifted dry ingredients.
Stir in zucchini.
Pour into greased and floured 9x13 pan.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.


Here we are on Opening Day of the Fair
Untitled


All of Ellie's Ribbons
2017 Fair Ribbons Ellie

Ellie turned 12 years old this past Saturday, August 5:
(you can see that she asked for Male and Female Artist Models- and with her talent we got Art S. Buck ones...which I understand are used/required in Art Schools) Her brothers have been "posing" them all over the house. Each day we wake up to a new pose by the mannequins. It is sort of funny really :)
Untitled

Here is Miss Ellie being funny on Snap Chat...she's my little sweetie. Just as sweet in demeanor as she looks in this photo. 
Untitled

Thank you for sharing my joy of Ellie's wins with me.
All of my children are good, honest, hard working persons...
Each Unique...
Blessings from God...

Ellie has definitely been gifted a God-given talent and she does not squander it. She draws every day for HOURS. So much so that her Doctor makes her wear braces on both of her wrists each night when she sleeps and she's been doing that for the past year. She doesn't have real issues yet, but he says the way she draws and uses her hands constantly that she needs to protect them to prolong any surgery intervention (she was complaining about her wrists hurting so we took her in last year). 

Until Next time...
Love in stitches,
Vonna xxxx

42 comments:

  1. What an amazing and talented artist Miss Ellie is! I know very little about art but to me she has a definite "style", one to look out for in the future!

    Her poem is very inspiring, amazing to think a 12 year old could write something with such depth.

    You must be so proud Vonna! Thank you for sharing her talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, and great job, Ellie!! Keep up the drawing! The poem is wonderful, and I took special interest to it, for I am an Army vet. Had to laugh as I was reading your post....I am enjoying a slice of zucchini bread. Will try the recipe since I have a lot of zucchini left. Don't feel bad about sharing your daughter's achievements....hard work deserves a big KUDOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Ellie! She is a very gifted artist and writer. I enjoyed her poem immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is just awesome: well done Ellie! You are justifiable in your pride Vonna: what a super talented young lady.
    Happy Days,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Ellie! I especially like your colored pencil drawing. (The first one shown)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great showing for you and Ellie. Congratultions to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellie has been blessed with some amazing talent. Thanks for sharing it with us. I was a member from the time I was 8, until I aged out....so at least 12 years. I still have all my ribbons tucked away in a box. Head, Heart, Hands, Health...Hooray for 4-H!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Ellie has been blessed with many talents and abilities. It's so great to see her utilizing them. She is a true artist. I can't wait to see how she uses her art in the future. Congrats, Ellie! (And Happy Birthday!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats again to Ellie and so nice to see her work. I didn't think you were hiding it, but maybe had to ask her permission. :D She has great choice in video games too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so taken by the talent of Ellie. What a gift she has. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so lovely to see a young person with a talent that is a passion for them! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Ellie! Beautiful and impressive artwork and writing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to Ellie! I saw her wins on your fb post but I'm glad you posted here. I was wondering what the achievement book was so thanks for the explanation! Happy belated bday to your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to Ellie!! This is so exciting and she is very talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You and all of your children are so talented it is amazing. I am still thinking about you saying that you have been called out before for oversharing?!?!?! Um, just move on to the next post/blog, whatever!! If people don't like what you are sharing, they don't have to read. You know I love you, Vonna. You are such a bright shining light in this world. I want to be you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to Ellie - she certainly has talent just like her mama.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing accomplishments...in the blood (well, maybe) and by example and teaching with love from her parents.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Ellie! She is amazing, talented and beautiful ❤
    Thank you, Vonna, for sharing her with us. And in my opinion, there is no such thing as sharing your family too much. God bless you and yours. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  19. congratulations to Miss Ellie - what awesome work and a variety of talent she shows. Not just drawing which is stupendous for someone her age. Hope she grows up to be a superstar at whatever she chooses to do. Cheers Mel

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Ellie. Love your drawing/paintings and the awesome Veteran! Don't let nay-sayers get you down-show them they are wrong! When I was in 6th grade I drew a horse head and showed it to my teacher. Mistake! She accused me of tracing it which I didn't! It was a rather lengthy "You traced it" versus "No, I didn't". Of course some of my classmates overheard her and started calling me copycat. I didn't draw for a couple years it was so heartbreaking and cruel. Now that I'm older I wish I would have sat there and drew it in front of them and then asked, "Does that look like I just traced it?". So take a life lesson from me and don't let old cranky judges or young bullies rain on your parade. Just go about the business of being Awesome Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing. Your daughter is amazing. I have no doubt you are so very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations to Ellie. Lots of talent runs in your family, Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to Ellie! Her artwork... Such detail, amazing technique, and overall, each piece blew me away. And the poem! Fabulous pieces girl! So glad your mom shared your talent. It'll be exciting watching you grow, both in your talents and as a young woman. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Her drawings are beautiful. Congrats Ellie ...I look forward to seeing what you enter for NEXT year's fair.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ellie - your poem has touched my Vet Marine hubby's heart tonight. Incredible. You are blessed with encouragement from your parents - something many of us missed out on. Keep up the great work. I have a great friend here who uses his iPad and draws incredible things on there withcopic markers that he uses a bamboo pen. I don't know how it all works but his drawings are amazing too. Your 4H notebook brought back memories! I had one too.

    Vonna - thanks for sharing with all of us here in blogland that don't use other social media. So appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You must be so proud of Ellie. Such a talent! Happy belated birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations to Ellie. She is so talented and lovely. I also want to wish her a belated Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Those are all such great pieces! I have seen over the years through your blog that she has artistic talent! So glad that she is exploring whatever interests her. My oldest granddaughter is quite an artist like this also... she draws all the time. In fact, that whole family is talented like Ellie! It is definitely something to be happy about and to encourage! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ellie has incredible talents. Well done to her. x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for showing Ellie's work. She is an amazing young lady. Very talented indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Drawing, writing, baking - wow! So many different talents. Am glad she is exploring and growing in different directions.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations to Ellie for all of her achievements!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, how talented Miss Ellie is. Thank you for showing her art work, the drawings and the poem. So completely amazing ...

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm so impressed with Ellie's drawing abilities (and a bit envious, too, as I can't even draw more than a stick figure!). It warms my heart to see a child's natural talents fostered by loving parents :) Well done, Ellie and parents!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations Ellie on your fair entries. You are a very talented writer and artist! I was in 4H and loved participating in the fair. Keep reading, writing, and drawing; God has gifted you with talents to share.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Vonna-you all must've done something right with all your children's talents and achievements. Ms. Ellie's work absolutely astounds me! She's working at an experienced adult level! Or did I need to say that?!! Stating the obvious. Congrats on all your hard work, Ms. Ellie! You're phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Vonna-you all must've done something right with all your children's talents and achievements. Ms. Ellie's work absolutely astounds me! She's working at an experienced adult level! Or did I need to say that?!! Stating the obvious. Congrats on all your hard work, Ms. Ellie! You're phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow you must be so proud of her! Ellie's drawing and writing is amazing! Massage on the forearms is also very good for sore wrists :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your daughter is extremely talented and you should be very proud of her for using it everyday. Ellie is a amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am a huge fan of Miss Ellie's work! I participated in 4H my Freshman year of college. I was in a group that showed a cow! Her name was Milkshake! It was loads of work, but also great fun being involved in the event. Sure wish I had Ellie's artistic talent. I really love her drawings and especially the color entries. WOW!! Wouldn't it be cool if she one day designed cross stitch charts! 😎 You should be very proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  41. No wonder you are so proud of Ellie. She is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations Ms. Ellie, proud is probably an understatement to how you and mom are feeling right now!!!! All those awards would have blown me away. I can only wish I had a local fair to enter anything in, lol. We also share a middle name. My mom gave me her middle name, which she spelled "Eilene", but she spelled mine just like yours!! And if Ellie is short for Eleanor, then you and my latest granddaughter share each others first name!! I love it!!! Once again, congratulations to you and mom on all of ya's success at the fair. Here is to wishing you all more and more success in the years to come! Hugs, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher