Monday, July 31, 2017

"They like me. They really like me..."

~ Greetings dear Friends ~
A cheery, sunny, summer HELLO THERE! to all of you :)

I had my Susan Lucci moment yesterday afternoon when I walked into the Open Class Building and spied with my little eye THIS:

Vonna Pfeiffer
GRAND CHAMPION 
NEEDLE ARTS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Untitled

Here is a better quality photo showing the whole piece:
Carriage House Samplings
Primitive Stocking
Stitched 1 over 2 on 40 ct. Golden Harvest linen using DMC
entered in Counted Cross Stitch Other Items Class ~ Stocking EntryCarriage House Samplings  - A Primitive Stocking

How do I feel?!



My other 8 Cross Stitch entries did very well also...

~ CHAMPION ~

Country Cottage Needleworks
Paris
stitched on 32 ct. Star Sapphire 2 over 2 using called for Classic Colorworks and DMC
entered into Framed Pictures Class ~ Medium Entry

Untitled



~ RESERVE CHAMPION ~

Little House Needleworks
ABC Sampler Series
stitched on 32 Vintage Light Examplar 2 over 2 called for Classic Colorworks and DMC
Entered into: Framed Cross Stitch ~ Samplers Entry

Untitled

*Champion and Reserve Champion in Framed Cross Stitch Class! That means I was #1 and #2 top entries!!! 
:)

~ CHAMPION ~ 

Mary Gary's Christmas Pinkeep Ornament
stitched on 32 ct. random linen using Classic Colorworks 2 over 2
Entered in: Christmas Needlework ~ Ornament Entry
*Champion means I was #1 top of Christmas Needlework Class Entries! 

Untitled


~ CHAMPION ~
Blackbird Designs
Hats Off to Uncle Sam
Entered into: Creative Items Class ~ Holiday Other than Christmas
*Champion means I won the class

Untitled


~ HONOR ~

With Thy Needle and Thread
Flag Day in the Potting Shed
Entered into: Cross Stitch Other Items Class - Non Traditional Finishing
*Honor means I was #3 overall in class
(my Prim Stocking was #1 over all in this class! and then went on and competed with the other #1's of all the Needle Arts Classes and won Grand Champion of Needle Arts)

Untitled

Our County Fair also has: Holidays At the Fair Division and in this division I entered and received:

~ CHAMPION ~

Little House Needleworks
Happy Hearts
Entered into: Ornaments Class ~ Single Ornament
*Champion means I won the class

Untitled


~ HONOR ~

Plum Street Samplers
Betsy's Tart
Entered into: Decorator Items Class ~ Single Piece entry
*Honor means I was #3 over all in this Class

Untitled


~ FIRST PLACE ~

Notforgotten Farm
The Flagmaker
Entered into Decorator Items Class: Fourth of July Figures

Untitled


THAT, my friends....
was a VERY successful Fair Showing. VERY successful. I am really quite amazed, shocked, speechless, really. Its all sort of surreal, to be honest. This is my 11th consecutive year of showing at the fair and as my long-time followers/readers know...I've taken my lumps and hard-knocks over the years. But you know what?! those lumps and hard-knocks did everything to instill in me that I needed to practice, practice, practice to become the BEST stitcher I could be. Now that I have won Grand Champion...my ultimate dream, finally came true...I know with great affirmation of my heart...I STILL am not the accomplished stitcher I want to be. I have room for more growth, more perfection. And this year's success just instills in my heart a greater thirst, a greater yearning to practice MORE and try, try again next year!

One thing I'd like to say....
overall, this year's entries into my county fair were a bit more scanty than they've been in previous years. All over the fair, not just Needle Arts. IF you are a crafter (of any kind) I highly, highly, highly recommend that you look into your area and the shows/fairs/places you may enter your work - whatever that may be. Share your love of arts! Share it for the next generations to view and want to learn more about it! The arts are dying. No matter what that handwork is: painting, drawing, photography, baking, crochet, knitting, sewing, quilting, vegetable growing, flowers, whatever...it's not being done like it was when I was a child! And when I talk to people my own age, what do I hear? I don't have time for that. You're silly to devote that much time to those sorts of things. What will people do with that once you are gone? THAT in my opinion is silly to think of creating in that way. What do I get out of my cross stitching? I get satisfaction of knowing what my two hands create beautifies my home, makes it homey, warm, lived in. I know that my children, will cherish my cross stitch and if after they are gone it is what it is. Entering into my local fair has been one of the best things in my life. Sure, it hurt my feelings at times to read comments left for my pieces. Think about it....it's your baby. You took care of it, fed it, dressed it all up and took it to the fair and when you hear your baby isn't the prettiest baby there and in fact some of your baby is not right...well...that hurts! But in the end...it will put in your heart the desire to grow another baby and this may be THE baby that wins the contest.

I was so stinkin' proud of my baby yesterday!
And one day I hope to have the experience again! Because let's face...feeling this proud about something makes you want to feel it again!


My 10th entry was just entered this morning, bright and early at 9 a.m. and is being judge right now as I type. I went out on a ledge and entered:


Untitled

We will go see how they do tonight :)

Until next time folks...
keep reaching for the stars...
SMILE because God loves you and so do I!
Spread kindness - the more you spread, the bigger the ripple effect!
Take a deep breath before you speak and choose words wisely (that's a hard one for all of us! let's practice together!)

Love in stitches,
Vonna xxxx

61 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled for you, dear Vonna. Congratulations on your ribbons and your wins especially the Grand Champion of Needle Arts! I know how hard you have worked for this over the past years along with the disappointments. Good luck to you and your cookies. Our County Fair was held the 12th through 15th and I agree with your assessment; the entries in the needle arts division were very few. Again, well done your fair accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on doing so well, it is richly deserved, your stitching is stunning. You also made the latest cross stitch crazy as the featured blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so proud of you Vonna and Congratulations!!! You did it!!! You achieved your goal!! WooHoo!!! All your entries are gorgeous. Good luck with your darling cookies in the baking contest! Most important you enjoyed the journey and your not done, lol!!! love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vonna, I am so happy and proud for you. I remember your video from last year and how much you wanted these awards. I think you are amazingly brave to put yourself out there. You certainly deserve every accolade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonna - what a life lesson you have given your children. They've watched you stitch with love these past years, and they've seen your disappointment. Yet you had the desire and the mettle and the talent, and it all paid off this year. We are thrilled for you, and proud, too. And I'll bet those cookies will be winners as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We LOVE we really LOVE you!! Congratulations dear Vonna.....you deserve all the praise and rewards! I'm so beyond in awe of you and your amazing work. (hugs and blessings)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your moment in the sun. I am so happy for you. It is always nice to be recognized for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo! Congratulations my friend. You did it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Vonna! It's work and love all in one! I. Am with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vonna - Congratulations! That is SUPER! You always do such beautiful work - happy to see you are rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Sally, they really DO like you! (Sorry, Vonna, but I couldn't help myself!) Congratulations on your much deserved winnings, and best of luck with your cookies. Your talents are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Am doing the happy dance and celebrating with you. You taught me a good lesson: don't give up, keep trying, improve your skills and become a better stitcher. I will be using your pin stitch for starts and stops. Positive thoughts for the decorated cookies

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic!! Congratulations ๐ŸŽ‰ well deserved...your pieces so beautiful continue to live your dream to always be better you are a great role model...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vonna I am so so happy for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿพ

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't be more proud of your wins Vonna. Miss Grand Champion herself - you rocked it baby ! You deserve it and your pieces are lovely. A hearty congratulations and good luck with your darling mermaid cookies. Cheers Mel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Will we see any of your cross stitch winners at the State Fair? I'll be on the lookout for them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you! Your stitching is deserving of all those ribbons and accolades. I hope your cute cookies do just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! I am in awe of your stitching and finishing ❤

    ReplyDelete
  20. well done my friend, you deserve many accolades and then some! are you sure you want that room of yours to be the patriotic room? or maybe the.... ribbon room:) so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! Well earned! Can't wait to hear about those amazing cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am SO happy for you. I know the time it takes to make these treasures. It's nice to see the commitment and skill rewarded. Congratulations.

    BTW --- the cookies are adorable. Do they taste test them too? Now, THAT'S a job I could really get into!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well done, Vonna. I know how important this was to you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So happy for you with all the ribbons. You deserve all these rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! Grand Champion. Great accomplishment and once you win the first one, the others will come more easily. ;) Looking forward to your next video so you can show off all those winners.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats ... beautiful, beautiful work. The mermaids are adorable. Makes me wonder how one person can have so much talent.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations Vonna! Your perseverance paid off. I'm sure your ribbons are all the nicer after your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's great! You deserved your moment. Don't ever stop! We never know who we may inspire, or how many. You are already creating a bigger legacy than you realize. You are one of my inspirations to start stitching again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The mermaids made me laugh! You deserve it for all the hard work you put in it! (standing ovation and Brava of the crowd)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations Vonna! You so deserved this -- your work is so beautiful. I'm really so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Vonna, congratulations! You SO deserve it! You are a bright star in the needlework industry and so very gifted. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations Vonna!!! I'm so glad you achieved the Grand Champion that has been your elusive goal. What a thrill it must have been. Do you win cash prizes at your fair? Its sad what has become of our fair, the huge building that was packed with entries 30 years ago is now designated to one small corner. I think needle arts is a wonderfully relaxing hobby and I reap more rewards than sitting on a phone looking at social media....

    Congrats again, you deserve it for all your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations for honors well deserved. You are one of my inspirations. Keep reaching for the stars and I will follow you.
    Thank you many times over for sharing ...
    Peace and Blessings for ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I couldn't agree with you more. I love entering items in the fair. My list is fairly long this year between Canning, Gardening, flower gardening, quilting, sewing and photography. Congratulations on your beautiful projects and the beautiful purples. Our County fair is next week and I simply cannot wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations Vonna on your fair ribbons. Well deserved. The judges finally saw the beauty and quality in your work that we have seen for years !! What a huge honor to be awarded the Grand Champion. We are all so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Vonna, Congratulations on all those ribbons. Your work truly is quite flawless. I am hoping that by blogging and sharing pictures of my projects that I can help inspire new crafters and hobbyists in my family. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yes!!!!!!! Congratulations Vonna, so, so well deserved. It's about time the judges took notice! All of your projects look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations!! That is just fantastic. You've earned all those ribbons with your hard work, dedication, and beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations Vonna, this whole stitching community is so proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh, how wonderful, Vonna! It feels so good to see you getting recognition you deserve and feeling happy! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  41. Huge Congratulations, Vonna! They really do like you and deservedly so! What a great lineup of projects you entered. Stinking cute cookies, too. I bet you'll do well.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations on winning all these ribbons for your greatly stitched and finished pieces. And particularly for winning the Grand Champion of Needlearts. What a success!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations Vonna, very well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I spend hours stitching and quilting. I know that one day my grandkids' children will never know me and may not even care for my things. Who cares!! I love creating and will continue to do it until I can't. Your work is beautiful, and it inspires me to keep stitching. Thank you and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats Vonna. It has been a long, hard road with bumps and ups and down. I hope you like the view now!

    ReplyDelete
  46. My heart swells with happiness for you. I am excited to enter two things in the Fair this year. It will be my very first time!! Congratulations Vonna a big win well reserved!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Congratulations Vonna on your fair ribbons. Your work is beautiful! ~~~Connie

    ReplyDelete
  48. Congratulations ! you can be very proud of you ! all your stitches are so nice !

    ReplyDelete
  49. Vonna, when I saw your Grand Champion news I started jumping up and down and yelling, "she did it, she did it!" My family thought I was plum crazy! I am SO happy for you that you achieved this important goal in your life. You are a big part of why I started stitching again this year after a long break. Your beautiful work makes me want to stitch and your humor and warm heart keep me watching your videos again and again. CONGRATULATIONS GIRLFRIEND, YOU EARNED IT! Much stitchy love - Becky (DanvilleBelle on YouTube). :D

    ReplyDelete
  50. Woohoo! Congratulations! Grand Champion is quite the award over ALL. But you got so many ribbons and awards this year that you have every right to be celebrating!And I have seen your cookies, and they should win awards too! Do they taste them too, or just look at them overall, I wonder? Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great job entering your precious finishes. Amazing! I have sewn and have did crafts consistently throughout my life. I am happy, in great health, peaceful, content, thin and fit to begin with. I don't care what happens to my projects when I leave this earth. Stitch on....

    ReplyDelete
  52. Your finishes are always exquisite. Congrats on your ribbons. My mom and I used to enter things into fairs so many years ago. (I also showed animals and was in 4-H.) Your cookies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh, I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU, VONNA!!! Each and every award is well-deserved and I know how long you've waited to bring that Grand Champion ribbon home. The spell has been broken :) I'll bet it will be the first of many.

    We don't have fairs around here and I would probably be too afraid to enter my stitching any way--I am not the most confident person on earth. Ha ha!!

    Your mermaid cookie is just so sweet--not sure my hands would be steady enough to frost something so detailed.

    I hope the rest of your month is just as satisfying as the past week has been! Congratulations again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Congratulations! I know you deserve it! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I know you've worked hard for this for a long time. It must make the victory even sweeter. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Congratulations on all your well-deserved accolades! Your work is absolutely gorgeous. Your quest for perfection is so admirable and you are an inspiration to all of us! Good luck with your cookies-they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  57. About time too! Congratulations๐Ÿ˜Š, and thank you for explaining the placement system.
    Happy days,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  58. Congratulations on all your ribbons! You've worked hard to stitch better and better, which has paid off. You are an inspiration to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I am so pleased for you. Congratulations on all your ribbons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher